Thursday, November 5, 2009

You Just Made My Day

Just found this convo in my inbox. I am truly, truly flattered, humbled and blessed:


Hi from beautiful North Carolina!

I looked all over your beautiful handwoven scarves today and just had to say WOW!
Your work is beautiful and I loved the close-up pics especially. I'm getting into
weaving soon and I can't wait. There is a Cricket loom being assembled in SC and
I'll be meeting the dealer next Sunday to pick it up and have my first lesson.

I've wanted to weave since I was a camp counselor while in college at a girls'
camp in the NC mountains. They had an entire cabin filled with looms! It was my
job to help the girls hand finish the items that they wove. Recently I saw a weaver
at work in Sparta NC and remembered my desire to learn to weave.....so now at age
62 I'm finally getting around to it! I'm starting out on the small Cricket rigid heddle
loom, then maybe I'll graduate to something bigger.

Your work is a real inspiration to someone like me! Thank you!

1 comment:

Sleep Goblin said...

She's right though! You have such a knack for color combinations and patterns. I love looking at your stuff, and they remind me to try new things when I'm weaving :)