Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cosmic Swirl


IMG_6101, originally uploaded by myfinn.

I am soooooo in love with this sweater. But what a bear to work with!! Started about a month ago, this was the project seemed to have no end in sight.

First, I didn't have enough yarn to finish so I had to order more (Fleece Artist Scotian Silk in Cosmic Dawn). And then once I had the length I wanted and started the sleeves, I accidentally unraveled part of my provisional cast-on and had to frog it all the way back to the armholes; which is basically like knitting the whole thing all over again for no good reason at all...But all complaining aside.

Alas, she is done.

Inspired as I am by this beautiful masterpiece, I decided to take a stroll down memory lane and revisit the enormous stack of sweaters I knit in the past but NEVER WEAR?! And I have come to the conclusion that some are to be reworked into a ginormous spiral beadspread, while others are to be GIVEN AWAY!!!

To be contd...

2 comments:

KnittinKninja said...

I love this. I've had this pattern in my queue for a while.

The Myers Family said...

It is deceptively simple. It is just a big circle with armholes. you don't have to do the sleeves if you would rather have a vest.