Wednesday, May 7, 2008

AMAZING!!!




A word about this piece: The pink tourmaline cabochon in this ring came from a different ring that I bought for practically nothing some 6 years ago. Although I always loved the stone, it was set in a very plain band and a bezel with the tiniest flaw that was like a magnet for the eyes whenever you looked at it. I eventually grew out of it and needing a resizing at least, I brought it to my favorite jeweler, Debra LaValley.

I have commissioned a number of custom pieces from her in the past, but this time I think she really outdid herself! Look closely, you can see that the bezel is made up of four tiny dragonflies. The stone looks a million times better in her ring, and I just love it.

Should you ever have the privilege to pass through or visit Cedarburg, WI I highly recommend making The Pagoda a stop on your trip. Debra's work tends to the more floral/ nouveau, and Cathy Laing's work is more clean and modern. Fantastic stuff! No website...

No comments: